Segmentation Fault #2: When Importing

This one made no sense at all.  I have a graphic file in Avid DNx220 format.  This is an Avid format and was freaking made by Avid.  So, logically, whenever I try to import this graphic, Avid crashes with this awesome SegFault at address 0x0.  Which is, as far as I can tell, the only address Avid knows.

Fortunately, once I used MPEG Streamclip, which is a free program, I could convert the Avid format file to a non-avid format file (Apple ProRes 422 for example) which would then import just fine.  So yeah, the free program fixed the issue for the program that costs thousands of dollars.  At least someone knows how to code.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Reset your PRAM and Delete your Site Settings

Exception: SYS_ERROR, OSErr: -5000

File 'Avid_MediaFiles' not found.