CM_LABEL_NOT_FOUND: tt:3, lnum:3


Well this was a fucked up error.

The actual message was:  Timecode not found for clip, 'CLIPNAME' and when you click MORE, you get CM_LABEL_NOT_FOUND:  tt:3, lnum:3, which was supposed to convey some sort of information.

The internet was no use, because it apparently only cares about CM_LABEL_NOT_FOUND:  tty:3, lnum:4, which is something completely fucking different.

Let me back up:  I got this error by trying to multigroup some clips.  The group was properly constructed and everything, all subbed out, all the AuxTCs were in place and correct.  Error.

So... what doesn't have timecode?  Well, all the tapes were totally normal.  The iso audio was a bitch to deal with because my sound guy doesn't understand how to make polyphonic .WAV files.. let's start there.

Okay, so we imported the sound files using Avid's autodetect polyphonic wave groups feature, and it worked, but all three iso clips that resulted had basically the same timecode.  This seems promising.  It's not *no* timecode (way to go Avid, that error is super helpful), but at least it seems related.

What else is weird about these clips?  Well, they list their tape sources as
20120806-151114-1.wav:2012-08-06.  That seems a bit long for a tape name.  Also, they came in named as /1 and /2 and so forth, which are definitely not what the files are named.  Also suspect.  Changing the clip names is easy and doesn't break anything, so I'll start there.  But no, no good.

Okay, fuck this weird source name.  Changed to 0806 Iso 1.  That did it!

So when Avid has a wav file that imports with a long source tape string, that causes Avid to tell you there's no timecode on the clip when you try to multigroup it.  Fuck you, Avid.

Comments

  1. Have the same error...but my source name seem OK..if you have any inputs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check the tape source again... There may be a hidden carriage return at the end of the tape name. Just in case, I'd still suggest changing the source completely and regrouping to see if that works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, an answer! thanks! what do you mean by 'source name'? tape? soundroll? tape id?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course an answer :)

    I mean the Tape heading. To modify the source tape, right click on the clip and select "modify", then choose Set Source from the pull down menu in the window that appears. Click the New Tape button and type in something reasonable. Hit Okay, and then navigate the many warnings that basically tell you exactly what you just did. After that, try re-grouping. Let me know if it works!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm having the same issue but even after changing the source name it's weird

    ReplyDelete
  6. What version of Avid are you on and what do you mean by "weird?"

    ReplyDelete
  7. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Having same problem - Cannot group. Renamed Tape name and Tape ID but still won't work. Help!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What version of avid are you on, what format is your footage, how was it bought into avid, and what have you tried so far to get it to group?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm on Avid 8.6 - the media that is giving me an issue is an audio file. We have Zaxcom audio - 4 different individual tracks, three out of four let me apply Aux TC and group fine. The fourth does not. As mentioned above, I tried changing the Tape ID and Tape name both, still wouldn't work. I'm wondering if this fourth audio track need to be reprocessed and brought back into Avid.

      Delete
    2. That would be my first guess, too. Is it the same file size as the other three tracks? There's a chance that it's corrupt, too. Can you open with with WavAgent or another audio analyzer to make sure it's a good file?

      Delete
    3. Meant to update my post to let you know your solution ended up working after all! There was a hidden semi-colon in the Tape name. Once I changed that and the clip name, everything grouped fine. Thanks again for this post!

      Delete
    4. Good news! Glad I could help.

      Delete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am experiencing this same error! I'm working on Avid 8.8 multi-grouping 5 cameras with audio. I have two different audio files (INTERVIEW/38 and INTERVIEW/39, both with the same Source Name) because the sound guy dropped sound for a few minutes and then picked back up again. The first audio file multi-groups with the clips just fine- it's only the second audio file (INTERVIEW/39) that brings up the error. Please help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try changing the names of your files so they only contain letters, numbers, and the underscore "_" character. Some characters such as the backslash "/" you're seeing there can cause problems with programs that aren't designed to handle them well (and Avid isn't designed to handle very much well at all, as we all know). This is especially true on PC, but I still think it's a good rule of thumb on mac. Doubly so if we're talking about the tape name rather than the clip name.

      Furthermore, since both of your clips have identical source names, I suggest renaming both tape names to see if that solves the issue. Please report back any updates and I'll see if I can't think of other ideas to try!

      Ugh, so disappointing that this error from Avid 6 is still here in 8.8.

      Delete
    2. Yes fixed! I changed the Clip names to exclude the backslashes and changed the tape names on both. Weird that the audio files I bring in are always labeled that way and have never given me this problem before, but that's Avid for you! Thanks so much for the help

      Delete
    3. Hey great! So glad that fixed it!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Range specified for Dup is outside range of component.

How to Reset your PRAM and Delete your Site Settings

Exception: SYS_ERROR, OSErr: -5000